Back for a third year, this program rewards you for shopping at local businesses during the holiday season and with weekly chances to win prizes. The more stores you support, the more chances you have to win!
Our Program Partners:
How does it work?
The program is simple:
- Shop at local businesses
- Collect your receipts
- Turn your receipts in at the Chamber office
Collect your receipts from purchases made in Brockville (ANYWHERE in Brockville- some exceptions apply*) all December – starting on November 17th with the “Miracle on King Street” event in Downtown Brockville and ending on January 2nd with the final night of the River of Lights!
3 receipts = 1 ballot towards weekly prizes, and entries that total over $250 of receipts will also be entered into a VIP grand prize draw for $500 in Downtown Brockville gift cards to spend how you wish in the new year.
Pick up your receipt envelope in store or from any of the following locations: Brockville & District Chamber of Commerce (3 Market Street West), Downtown Brockville (3 Market Street West), and Brockville City Hall (1 King Street West).
Turn in your envelope filled with at least 3 receipts (photocopies accepted). The drop-off box for completed envelopes will be available 24/7 just outside of the Chamber office at 3 Market Street West (find the drop box on the side entrance by the stairs).
Eligible purchases include retail, restaurant, experiences, and paid accommodations during the program period (Nov 17-Jan 2). Ineligible purchases include essential purchases (groceries, gas, pharmacy), wine/beer/liquor, and lottery purchases.
New this year: You can now enter your receipt info from home using our online submission tool. If you submit online, make sure you hang onto your receipts as if your name is drawn you will need to show us your receipts as proof of purchase.
River of Lights tie-in
How does the River of Lights factor in?
Enjoy a beverage from one of our restaurant and café partners to earn an extra entry into the weekly “Shop Where Your Heart Is” prize draw.
Participating restaurants will have a River of Lights branded coffee sleeve for hot beverages ordered to-go, and paper coasters for enjoying beverages on site. The sleeves and the coasters act as extra ballots towards the weekly Shop Where Your Heart Is prize draws – fill out your contact information and drop off your entry at the chamber of Commerce office on your way to the River of Lights.
The River of Lights is a free light show set to music on Blockhouse Island that runs every night from November 25th to January 2nd starting at 6pm.
Benefits to Participating (For Restaurants and Cafe’s):
If your restaurant would like to participate in this part of the program, please let us know so we can order enough sleeves and include your business in the promotion. To participate, you must:
- Offer some type of hot beverage to-go (hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee, or other specialty drinks) for the coffee sleeve program OR offer dine-in options for the paper coaster program
- There is no requirement that you be open past 5pm each day (when the River of Lights begins each night)
- Include the coffee sleeve on to-go orders (or use the paper coasters for restaurant diners) during the period of November 25-January 2 (these will be provided to you at no cost)
- For efficiency and effective allocation of resources, please sign up for either the coffee sleeve program OR the paper coasters
Benefits to your business:
- Be featured on the River of Lights website landing page as a suggested stop (including your hours of operation) as well as the Shop Where Your Heart Is landing page
- Receive a free supply of coffee sleeves or paper coasters for your restaurant
- Be a part of the Shop Where Your Heart Is campaign
Check out our Shop Where Your Heart Is YouTube Channel!