Are you a dynamic, customer and sales-oriented person who thrives in fast-paced environment? Do you want to help support and grow businesses to build a strong economic community through proactive leadership?
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce has a job for you. We are seeking a full-time Business Development and Membership Services Coordinator. We are offer a competitive compensation package including bonus incentive. Please see below for our full job description.
Submit resume and cover letters to Teanne Larocque at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Thursday August 11, 2022.
Business Development and Membership Services Coordinator
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce is part of a network of Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade that exist in virtually every community across Ontario and Canada. The Chamber network consists of 65,000 businesses provincially and 170,000 businesses nationally. Locally, the Chamber has over 300 members and is recognized as this area’s official “Voice of Business.” This voice is an effective force in influencing issues and legislation affecting your business and our community. It is a membership based and not-for-profit association that is led by an elected volunteer Board of Directors.
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce is looking for an energetic individual for the position of Business Development and Member Services. The successful candidate will help deliver value to our membership base, maximize revenue generating opportunities for the Chamber and ensure members receive high quality customer experience through their membership.
Preferred candidates will have demonstrated experience in developing business solutions, revenue generating strategy, managing client accounts, leading value-added customer experiences and relationship building.
The selected candidate will report to the Executive Director.
As an Employee of the Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce, you are accountable for your:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit new members to the Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce
- Undertake retention activities to ensure existing members maintain their membership
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Chamber offerings to identify profitable business opportunities for members and partners
- Cultivate lasting relationships with members and partners to grow loyalty
- Manage regular contact with current and prospective members
- Work with members and partners to understand their business needs and goals
- Network in the community to promote the Chamber and to develop business leads and strengthen stakeholder relationships
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy to engage new and potential members
- Provide support to new Chamber members for integration into Chamber events, programs and marketing opportunities
- Contribute to a healthy team environment to achieve overall Chamber objective
- Act as a source of referral information for Chamber members
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive prospect files
- Ensure accuracy of Chamber members data information
- Support Chamber events through attendance, assistance, and engagement
- Liaise with Chamber affinity program representatives to ensure accurate knowledge of all benefits of membership
- Support Chamber committees as assigned
- Independently visit member and prospective member workplaces
- Other duties may be assigned
Position Requirements and Competencies
- Educational background with an emphasis in business, sales, public relations or non-profit community development
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in business development, sales, client management and/or experience in a non-profit or membership focused organization would be an asset
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and relevant technology/CRM systems
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Detail-oriented and persuasive
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service, sales and telephone skills
- Reliable and dependable with a strong work ethic
- A growth mindset with an eagerness for continual learning
- Current and valid G class licence and insurance in good standing, with access to a vehicle
- Cohesive and supportive team
- Office environment and various business environments
- Use of various technological tools and general office equipment
- Regular travel using personal vehicle within Leeds and Grenville
- Light manual effort
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, and computer work.
- Meeting new and working directly with individuals and groups.
- Meeting deadlines on several equally important tasks simultaneously
- Occasional work outside of regular office hours
Salary: $43,000, benefits and bonus structure.