JANUARY 12, 2022
COVID-19 GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS
For a full overview of programs provided by the Ontario provincial government, click here.
To contact the government with questions about the supports, call 1-866-668-8297 (1-866-ONT-
Call centres are open Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Tel: 416-325-6691
• Toll-free: 1-855-216-3090
• TTY: 416-325-3408
• Toll-free TTY: 1-800-268-7095
• Small businesses that are subject to closure under the modified Step Two of Roadmap to
Reopen may be eligible to receive a one-time grant of $10,000.
o Businesses that were required to close due to the public health orders implemented
on January 5, 2022; and
o Have fewer than 100 employees.
• If an organization previously qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant, they
will be pre-screened to verify eligibility and do not need to apply for this modified program.
• The following small businesses may be eligible:
o Restaurants and bars
o Facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres
o Performing arts venues and cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science
centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens, and similar attractions
o Meeting or event spaces
o Tour and guide services
o Conference centres and convention centres
• Timeline: Applications will open on Jan 18, 2022
Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program
• Organizations impacted by lockdown measures and closures can receive a portion of their
property tax and energy costs in form of rebate payments during the period of being
subjected to lockdown measures.
o Organizations with capacity reduced to 50% will obtain 50% in rebates for their
o Organizations closed will obtain 100% in rebates for their costs.
• Eligibility: A comprehensive list of eligible business types will be available in mid-January.
• Timeline: Applications open January 18, 2022, with retroactive payments dating back to
December 19, 2021.
• Organizations will have a six-month interest and penalty-free period for most provincially
• Timeline: January 1, 2022, until July 1, 2022.
• Eligibility: The option to delay tax payments applies to the following taxes:
o Employer Health Tax
o Beer, Wine & Spirits Taxes
o Tobacco Tax
o Insurance Premium Tax
o Fuel Tax
o International Fuel Tax Agreement
o Gas Tax
o Retail Sales Tax on Insurance Contracts & Benefit Plans
o Mining Tax
o Race Tracks Tax
• Ontario employers must provide eligible employees with up to three days of paid infectious
disease emergency leave due to COVID-19 related reasons.
• Direct hotline for questions: 1-888-999-2248
• Timeline: Extended to July 31, 2022. Electricity-Rate Relief
• As of January 18, 2022, electricity prices will be set to the current off-peak rate of 8.2 cents
per kilowatt-hour for 24 hours a day.
o This is less than half the cost of the current on-peak rate.
o The updated rate will be in effect for 21 days
• This will be applied automatically to residential, small businesses, and farms who are paying
regulated rates set by the Ontario Energy Board and get a bill from a utility.
o Applies to both Time-of-Use and Tiered rate plans.