Covid Resources for Business
Rapid Screening Test Kits for Businesses
It's quick. It's easy. It's free.
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce and 1000 Islands Gananoque Chamber of Commerce, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Ontario and Canadian governments, have launched the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative. Through this initiative, the two Chambers will roll out free rapid tests for small and medium-sized businesses in Brockville, Gananoque and surrounding area, in partnership with Employment and Education Centre.
The COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative will provide free rapid antigen tests for employees of small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs). The tests will be distributed through participating local chambers of commerce and boards of trade in Ontario. Businesses (including non-chamber members) with 150 employees or less are welcome to participate in this program.
The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community in Brockville, Gananoque and surrounding area
It is estimated that 30% of people who spread the virus have no symptoms.
Rapid antigen testing must not be considered as a replacement for the mandatory health screening survey your employees complete daily.
These tests are only for use when an employee has passed the daily health screening survey.
It is recommended the tests be used on a consistent basis and most businesses will administer them 2 times/week.
REQUIREMENTS OF PARTICIPATION:
Kits are being provided free of charge through the federal/provincial government. (They may not to be used for resale)
The cost to you is mostly in time and resources at your location to safely store, test, report and dispose of used tests.
Before you place your order, please read the attached “Employer’s Requirements” to review the details to ensure you can accommodate the programs. If you can manage the logistics, then follow these steps:
- Submit a signed Antigen Screening Program Agreement/Commitment.
- Print, Sign, Scan & Email the agreement to email@example.com
- Please click the link to order the test kits "Click Here" Pick up location is the Employment and Education Centre 105 Strowger Blvd. Please do not come at any time outside of your selected pick up time. If you need to reschedule after booking, you can do so at the confirmation e-mail. The Chamber will notify you by email when your pick up time will be. Pick Up times - Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 11am - each pick up time will be 10 mins apart and scheduled for each business for safety.
- Bring the signed form to your pickup appointment.
- Watch the video before the first pick up of test kits (required – send your screening designate individual)
- Prepare to report aggregate results (these are sent through us to the Ministry and are anonymous)
Drop off location for the USED Test Kits
The disposal of the used tests – considered biomedical waste. The Employment and Education Centre will have a Biohazard Cart to drop off your used test kits. When you pick up your test kits we will provide you with a biohazard bag to put your used test kits in and you will be able to transport them to the drop off location at Employment and Education Centre, 105 Strowger Blvd, Brockville. Drop off times: Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4pm
****Reminder: Thank you for participating in the Provincial Antigen Screening Program (PASP) through the Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce and doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19! In order to continue participating and receiving your free kits, please submit your reports every 7 days.
Thank you to our Partners